View high resolution
These are the samples I wove this week (perhaps the last samples I’ll weave at uni - scary!) and they were very slow to do. The warp is lambswool and the weft is merino, which is very fine, hence why they took so long, around 4-5 hours each. This structure is one I tried out at the very beginning of this project, way back in January, and have wanted to experiment with some colour through it ever since. I’m so glad I squeezed it in, with a week to spare because it’s a structure I really like. It is also the same structure I used to weave my blankets, but simply because my weft yarns were so different (white wool 4/5 versus worsted merino 2/36) they look completely different. I think this is a great feature for my collection however, because even though they look so different they are linked together.